IKEv2 stands for Internet Key Exchange version 2. IKEv2 VPN is used to refer to IKEv2 / IPSec, the combination of two protocols that set up a VPN connection.
IKEv2 handles the security association (the negotiations of what kind of security will be used) between your device and the VPN server, and IPSec carries all the data transmission.
IKEv2 VPN is extremely secure.
To establish an IKEv2 VPN connection requires a combination of four cipher algorithms: Encryption Algorithms, Integrity Algorithms, Pseudo-random Functions, and Key Exchange Algorithms.
- Encryption AlgorithmsPrevent anyone else gets to knows the original content of the information.
- Key Exchange AlgorithmAllows two devices to establish a shared secret over an unsecured network without having shared anything beforehand.
- Integrity AlgorithmsMake sure the data has not been tampered with or modified by a middle man attack.
- Pseudo-random FunctionsMake sure there is no efficient algorithm can distinguish between functions to secure encryption scheme.
No one else could know what information you sent or received besides yourself or the peer you are communicating to.
As a cutting-edge VPN connection protocol, IKEv2 was supported and implemented by almost all of the modern operating systems in recent years.
This feature makes IKEv2 VPN work without downloading or installing any app or client on your devices.
It's not only extremely easy to setup by typing in server address, username, and password, but let you avoid the trouble of looking for apps and the security risks that might be coming with software themselves.
Uplinks VPN is compatible with all the built-in IKEv2 module in macOS, iOS, iPadOS, Windows 7+, Android 11.
- No App, No RiskLet you avoid the trouble of looking for apps and the security risks that might be coming with software themselves.
- More Secure on Public ComputersWith same protection on public computers as your private ones, IKEv2 VPN can be setup and used easily and swiftly.
- Easy to Setup for Family and FriendsHelp family members and friends setting up a new VPN for the first time to experience our system in seconds.
- Quickly Use on Borrowed DevicesUplinks VPN are fast and lightweight without installing any app or client so a user can setup quickly on borrowed devices.
- Works without Installing any AppExtremely easy to use. Setup instantly without downloading or installing any app. Compatible with all the modern systems.
- Unlimited DevicesDownload as much as you want, without your ISP or VPN capping certain kinds of traffic.
- Seamless WiFi-Cellular ShiftIKEv2 MOBIKE feature keep connecting to avoid any manual reconnection when network shifting between WiFi and cellular.
- Extremely Secure IKEv2 ProtocolTo establish an new IKEv2 connection requires a combination of four cipher algorithms, which is impossible to break.
- Lightning-fast SpeedsGet ultra-fast speeds for better video quality. Run the VPN Speed Test and see for yourself.
- 24x7 Maintenance and SupportReal humans are available 24x7 to maintain the whole service and help you with setup and troubleshooting.
- Do I need to download and install any Apps in order to use Uplinks VPN service?
- No, not necessarily. Uplinks IKEv2 protocol VPN is natively supported by all the latest OS platform, including iOS, iPadOS, macOS, Windows 10, Android 11. Just took couple minutes to fill the settings by following our tutorial and you are good to go.
- Which server is best for me?
- Uplinks system provides an array of low latency servers around the world. Pick an area entrance server that closes to you may be the best choice in most cases. Or, if you want to unblock some GEO restricted service, pick the entry point located in the designated area. Uplinks will optimize the route for you.
- Why IKEv2 sends all network traffic over VPN connection?
- Sending all network traffic over VPN, is the only secure way to protect your identity. Otherwise, you're taking the risks of exposing your real IP address. The access speed to some local sites can become slower. We are constantly working on improving the network speed in all situations.
- How can I use Uplinks VPN if my device doesn't support IKEv2?
- If your device OS doesn't support IKEv2 natively, you can download and install Uplinks VPN app for Android 4+ or clinet for Windows as an alternative to use Uplinks IKEv2 VPN.
- How to use Uplinks VPN on Harmony OS of Huawei mobile?
- Harmony OS of Huawei mobile is generally compatible with Android App，you can try Uplinks VPN App for Android 4+ version.
- How do I cancel my subscription?
- Please login first, and under your Dashboard, click Subscription Change - Cancel Subscription button. You can cancel your subscription by anytime. All service feature will remain available to you, till the end of the period of your current subscription.